I haven't given any updates on my journey to 30 ... and now I'm 30! So I'll give you a recap. (Is that ok, Grace?!) Time has just been flying by far too quickly!
So, I did my January Whole30 but I didn't stop eating Whole30 compliant. My adjustment — I get one reward meal per week (including alcohol). I wanted to be able to go out with friends or treat myself. I'm not going to lie, there have been a few times that it turned into a reward weekend. Then came the food hangover. And the shame But here's the thing — I can't go backward, only forward. So for the first time, I didn't beat myself up about it. And that's MAJOR.
Since January 1, I've lost at least 20 pounds. But I stopped weighing myself a while ago because I was starting to care too much. My goal isn't weight loss. It's a great byproduct but it's not my focus. My focus is how I feel.
Here are some things I did in the last few months of my 20s. I should probably do single blog posts for some of these things ... stay tuned for that.
1. I've been getting stronger thanks to Alchemy Anywhere and I have a pretty awesome gym setup in my basement. I bought foam tiles on Amazon and let me tell you, burpees suck less on foam tiles versus a hard floor. I'm about to start the new Abs + Arms program to get puuuumped for summer.
2. I got my first facial. And. Let. Me. Tell. You. It was magical. Catherine is usually my eyebrow goddess but she is now also my skin goddess. My skin still feels amazing and I already want to get another facial.
3. I started being way more open on social media. Here's the thing, the only way things change is if you make them. I started getting really annoyed by the sleaziness of social media. Influencers? No thanks. I unfollowed a bunch of people, started speaking my mind more, and showing the not-so-pretty sides to life. And I feel way better for doing it.
4. I got eyelash extensions, which I LOVE. I don't love wearing makeup but without mascara, my eyes disappear. And now I officially don't wear any makeup and still have eyes! Go see Alyssa and tell her I sent you. You won't regret it. (See all photos of my face for the last month and a half if you're still on the fence.)
5. I had a mini boudoir photo session with the incomparable Emily! And then I stuck around the rest of the day to assist her and be the ultimate hype squad for the rest of the amazing ladies scheduled for shoots. IT WAS AN AMAZING DAY. I saw such pure, beautiful self love and rocked out to Beyoncé all day.
6. I got a reading done by Heidi Robbins of my Sun, Moon and Rising, along with an Astrological Transit reading. I had no idea what a natal chart was until now and wow. Some things really connected with me. I am a Pisces sun, Aires moon and Taurus rising.
7. I had a fantastic birthday party with all of my favorite people. I successfully stayed up waaaay past 10:30 and even played The Voice - Karaoke Edition at the VFW. The day of my birthday, Joe and I explored the Como Zoo and Conservatory, ate amazing food at Young Joni and saw my dear friend in his show, Assassins.
In the end, I turned 30 and I feel great about it!