I have a lot of clothes. Too many. A couple months ago, I cut down my closet by 1/4. But I still have too much. I want to learn to be more creative with how I wear my clothes. Then I can have fewer pieces but more possibilities.
I want to re-evaluate my closet. Everything should be able to be worn in many ways, or it’s gone. So, I'm starting by trying out the 10x10 challenge: only pulling from 10 pieces of clothing for the next 10 days.
I think in other people’s challenges, they’ve counted shoes as an item. I’m not doing that because I live in MN and lord knows what to expect at this point. So things that don’t count: jewelry, scarves, shoes and outerwear.
I first started with bottoms then went with my gut. I wanted layering options and started grabbing things and swapping them out repeatedly until I was happy with my options.
I chose a pair of jeans, a pair of black leggings, two dresses, two t-shirts, one long-sleeved shirt, two button-ups and one cardigan.
- Black a.n.a. cardigan
- Light blue Loft button-up
- Plaid Karen Hert button up
- Green Divided t-shirt from H&M — it's long, baggy and my favorite
- Black with gray stripes version of my Divided t-shirt (I still have 3 more colors I love it so much)
- Calvin Klein jean leggings (they're just tight jeans but thinner so they aren't too bulky for tall boots)
- Black Girlfriend Collective leggings
- Alternative Apparel black long-sleeved shirt — it's longer in the back so it's a more flexible piece
- White and black striped t-shirt dress by Audrey 3+1 (I got it from Proper)
- Gray H&M Conscious sweater dress
Click through to scroll through the results!
Day 1: items 2, 7, 9
Day 2: items 3, 7, 10
Day 3: items 6, 8
Day 4: items 5, 6
Day 5: items 1, 4, 7
Day 6: items 3, 7, 8
Day 7: items 6, 9 — with a belt to sass it up!
Day 8: items 2, 5, 6 — with my work slippers because I wore my snow boots
Day 9: items 1, 7, 10 — with my work slippers again
Day 10: items 4, 6
By the end, I was definitely tired of trying to figure out a new combo. But overall, I think this is a great challenge for everyone to do. I want to be confident that all items in my closet could be used in a 10 x 10 challenge. If you're feeling stuck, do this.